A set of 11 ready to use worksheets with answers on article writing.
After working with these worksheets students will be able to:
- Recall article writing techniques.
- Apply authorial technique to write articles.
- Analyse author’s use of language and the impact of it in writing an article.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of article in writing.
This download includes worksheets on:
- Matching the topics with the titles.
- Analyzing a feature to spot the parts of an article.
- Providing the paragraphs with suitable topic sentences.
- Choosing a topic to write an article.
- Demonstrating the skill of feature articles in writing.
- Answering multiple choice questions on article writing.
- Writing prompts to write articles to health magazines.
- Identifying the structural elements of a news story.
- Thinking of creative titles for the given short articles.
- Matching the given first paragraphs with the topic sentences.
- Thinking of an appropriate conclusion to given paragraphs.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment