A complete unit of 15 hours of lessons (in 11 downloads) ideal for KS5 Careers / PSHE lessons as students start to focus more on their future options and career goals. The unit has been written to cover the Gatsby Guidelines for Careers and the PSHE 2020 DfE and PSHE Association content.
Lessons include - detailed and well-differentiated PowerPoints, accompanying worksheets, clip tasks, active and teamwork tasks, personal employability and skills audit, and much, much more.
- What are employability skills, how have we developed these at school and what would we like to work on?
- Job pplications, cover letters, interviews and personal presentation.
- What skills are employers looking for? How can we demonstrate that we are problem solvers?
- Why is personal branding important? What if employers Google me?
- Why are English skills important? Which jobs and careers can do do with these skills?
- Why are Maths skills important? Which jobs and careers can do do with these skills?
- Why are Science skills important?Which jobs and careers can do do with these skills?
- How can I improve my work ethic and stay motivated - why do employers want to see these skills?
- Personal Statement writing - How can we write excellent personal statements, for job applications or further education? (2 hours)
- Why are our literacy and numeracy skills so important to future employers? How can we demonstrate these in our applications?
- Why are our extra-curricular activities so important to future employers? How can we demonstrate these in our applications?
- What are leadership skills? Why are they so valued and how can we demonstrate these?
- What are apprenticeships? Are they for everyone? How do we apply and what are the pros and cons?
- What kinds of careers and jobs are out there in an ever-changing world? Research lesson (no internet / computers needed).
Hundreds more free and inexpensive PSHE 2020, Tutor Time, RE, Citizenship GCSE RSE and Careers + Finance resources at our store: EC RESOURCES
EC Resources has created lessons for The Children’s Commissioner, MACS Charity, Tes, The CCRC and has completed PSHE and Citizenship commissions for schools across the UK. We also run psheresources.com