This theme on Big Cats consist of 13 worksheets which cover the following learning objectives:
1. Revise and remember high frequency spellings
2. Learn complex words that do not conform to regular patterns.
3. Apply spelling rules and recognise exceptions.
4. Appreciate the impact of figurative language in texts.
5. Improve my vocabulary by working out the meaning of unknown words in the text.
The theme was originally devised for a secondary PRU unit in Essex and was greatly enjoyed by the pupils (mainly boys).
They enjoyed working through the tasks independently.
The theme is suitable for any child at literacy level 3 - 4.