Use brown girl dreaming to Teach Character Analysis
This Book Club Bundle for brown girl dreaming is an excellent choice for 4th and 5th grade readers who are ready to begin using more sophisticated comprehension strategies.
This package includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and resources designed to support small group reading instruction that focuses on Character Analysis.
Here's What You'll Get:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 9 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Character Analysis
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
All of the lesson plans and activities included in this package are aligned to the Common Core Standards for fifth grade.
I hope that you will enjoy using my resources along with your copy or copies of “brown girl dreaming” by Jacqueline Woodson.
If you have any questions about the resources included in this set please email me at AmyMackenzie@BookPagez.com. It will be my pleasure to reply and help you in any way I can.