These matching cards are a fun way for students to learn or check their memory of capital cities.
The full set contains 56 cards, which show the country name and capital city for 28 pairs. The cities are well known examples so suitable for all age groups from mid-primary (Key Stage 2, KS2) up through secondary (Key stage 3, KS3).
The pack contains two scales of exercise: one with 28 countries to stretch your students, and a half set of 14 countries for a quicker task.
- Home learning
- Start of term activity
- Check learning from a lesson.
- Guide a research exercise.
- See who knows the most!
- Who can complete them the fastest?
- Extension activity for early finishers.
- Starter – hand them out and find your pair!
- Open day / engagement resources
- Presentation pack (PowerPoint) which contains:
- A series of potential briefing slides (depending on how cards are to be used).
- Variations of the answer slide (versions for both full and half sets, and with the option of static slide or with transitions so the answers come on sequentially).
Large scale card sort (PowerPoint ) – great for group work or demonstration.
8 cards per A4. Full set prints on 7 sheets of A4, half set on 3.5 (provided as a double set for printing economy.
Small scale card sort (PowerPoint ) – great for individual/pair work.
28 cards per sheet. Full set prints on 2 sheets of A4, half set on 1 page.
Worksheet version (PowerPoint) – can join up the answers.
Full set prints 2 per A4 sheet, half set prints 4 per sheet.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.