A classroom-ready set of presentations covering Motivation Theory and Practice from Unit 2 of the Cambridge International Examinations Business Syllabus. Connects seamlessly with the core approved textbooks and addresses all learning objectives.
This presentations highlights key concepts of the syllabus from the CIE AS Level Business Unit 2 including:
• the need to motivate employees to achieve the objectives of a business
• a simple explanation of human need
• how human needs may or may not be satisfied at work
• ideas of the main content theorists (Maslow, Taylor, Mayo, Herzberg) and process theorists (McClelland, Vroom)
• the theories in practical situations
• different payment methods (time based, salary, piece rates, commission, bonuses, profit sharing, performance related pay)
• different types of non-financial motivators (training, induction, opportunities for promotion, development, status, job re-design, team working, empowerment, participation, fringe benefits/perks)
• ways in which employees can participate in the management and control of business activity
The presentations can be delivered as lectures and supplemented with a teacher’s own creative exercises and activities. An excellent key resource for new and experienced teachers alike.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 54%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
CIE Business (9609) Complete Teaching Resources (AS Level)
The full bundle of all AS Level Resources for Teachers of Business. Units 1-5 Include: 1) Business and its Environment 2) People in Organisations 3) Marketing 4) Operations 5) Finance These presentations cover all of the syllabus points pertinent to CIE AS Level Business Units 1 through 5 - and reference page numbers and activities found in the core textbook suggested by CIE. A total of 20 slideshows spanning the entire AS Level curriculum.
CIE Business (9609) People in Organisations: Complete Teaching Resources (AS Level)
Management & Leadership; Motivation Theory & Practice; and Human Resources Management. All here, ready to be put to good use in your classroom. This complete package of presentations assist teachers in guiding students successfully through Unit 2 People in Organisations of the Cambridge International Examinations for the AS exam. A great resource for teachers, directly linked to all of the learning objectives outlined by Cambridge and certain to provide a thorough foundation upon which students can expand their learning. The best way to use these materials are to complement these lecture slides with your own exercises or activities. Made by teachers, for teachers.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
very helpful to have this at the start of the year
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.