A robust classroom-ready presentation answering “What is Marketing?” from Unit 3 of the Cambridge International Examinations Business Syllabus. Connects seamlessly with the core approved textbooks and addresses all learning objectives.
This presentation highlights key concepts of the syllabus from the CIE AS Level Business Unit 3 including:
• the link between marketing objectives and corporate objectives
• marketing objectives
• factors influencing the supply and demand for the products/services of a business
• interactions between price, supply and demand
• how markets may differ: such as consumer/producer markets; national, regional and international markets
• difference between product and customer (market) orientation
• problems associated with measuring market share and market growth
• implications of changes in market share and growth
• classification of products
• how marketing might differ for different types of goods and services
• reasons for and benefits/limitations of mass marketing and niche marketing
• benefits and limitations of market segmentation
• methods of market segmentation including geographic, demographic and psychographic
The presentation can be delivered as a lecture and supplemented with a teacher’s own creative exercises and activities. An excellent key resource for new and experienced teachers alike.