Creative writing complete scheme of work pack. Designed for KS3 students but easily adaptable for GCSE English Language students, the pack includes resources on both narrative and descriptive writing.
- Creative writing introduction
- Characters - developing mystery and mysterious figures focused on The Signal-Man
- Plot development and structure lesson around The Signalman
- Structure and endings lesson exploring The Signalman and other examples
- Speech punctuation and character development lesson
- Themes and motifs lesson
- Genre lesson exploring westerns, their conventions and how students can adapt genre themselves
- Setting and descriptive writing lesson, exploring structure and vocabulary
- Vocabulary improvement lesson with a focus on character
- Pathetic fallacy and personification
- Short story analysis - plot, structure, narrative voice
- Short story structure analysis
- Creative writing punctuation workshop with differentiated worksheets
- Assessment planning lesson
- Assessment review lesson
- Short story analysis of language - Desiree’s Baby
- Short story analysis - structure
- Six week homework pack
Love the focus on short stories for creative writing. Useful for ks3 and 4
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.