This action-packed lesson on voltage in series and parallel circuits is fully resourced and differentiated with 13 resourced activities and 12 learning outcomes.
Easy to follow instructions are given on the PowerPoint and worksheets so that the lesson practically runs itself.
The activities include literacy, group work, peer assessment, self-assessment, pupil response to assessment, feedback to teacher on pupil learning via the exit ticket quiz and a practical.
This pack contains material for up to two hours lesson time to enable the teacher select material to bespoke the lesson according to pupil ability, time available for the topic and focus of departmental/school policy. Resources not used in the lesson can be additional homework or used for pre-examination revision.
An easy to follow one-page flow chart lesson plan indicates where logical choices between resources can be made and indicates whether each activity includes literacy, oracy or AFL .
- To know the units for and how to measure voltage.
- To know that the voltage across all the components in a series circuit adds up to the voltage across the battery.
- To know that the voltage across any component in a parallel circuit is the same as the voltage across the battery.
- Animated 11 slide PowerPoint- includes exit ticket /plenary quiz
- Cut and stick
- Anticipation guide(starter and plenary)
- Flip It
- Taboo Cards
- Worksheet for practical
- Fact sheet
- Fact Share Worksheet
- Exit ticket template
- ABC card template
- Differentiated homework/classwork worksheets
- Flow chart lesson plan
- PowerPoint with answers /detailed mark schemes for homework/classwork sheets-pupils of all abilities can self-assess or peer assess.
Links to other resources in this series.