Includes a workbook of 23 A4 pages and 6 lessons with full links to resources, extension tasks and teacher Powerpoints to lead the lessons. *Also included is a full 60-mark assessment on the topic with answers. *Designed for non-specialists teaching GCSE or Key Stage 3 Computer Science.
- Introduction to databases
- Linked databases
- Introduction to SQL
- Lossy and lossless compression
- Run-Length Encoding
- Encryption and Caesar Ciphers
- A well designed and clear workbook which students can work independently from on the computer or printed if they wish, with a range of different types of activities to ensure engagement.
- SQL extension taks for more able learners
- A self-evaluation on the front of the booklet so students can check their own progress (useful for the teacher too)
- Mini-test on key database concepts using exam-style questions (answers provided)
- Full 60-mark assessment and answers