DT Planning Unit Year 3 Design and Make Fabric Butterflies using and developing sewing skills
• use research and develop design criteria to inform the design of innovative, functional, appealing products that are fit for purpose, aimed at particular individuals or groups.
• To generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through discussion, annotated sketches, cross-sectional and exploded diagrams.
• To select from and use a wider range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks [for example, cutting, shaping, joining and finishing], accurately
• To select from and use a wider range of materials and components, according to their functional properties and aesthetic qualities.
• To evaluate their ideas and products against their own design criteria and consider the views of others to improve their work.