EIGHT HOURS! More added! 8x fully resourced lessons, with differentiated worksheets and clips - suitable for KS3/4, all focusing on Radicalisation and Extremism. Could be used all together as a Drop Down Day, a PSHCE Unit of work or over a few weeks in Tutor Time.
- An introduction to online radicalisation and extremism, with a focus on online radicalisation and how leaders convince the vulnerable to join them.
- Radicalisation and extremism - how to help prevent radicalisation and recognising the signs amongst our friends, school and community.
- Who are the extremist groups? Religious (Islamic and Christian) and political (non-religious) right-wing extremist groups.
- Hate crime - what is this and why do both right-wing and extremist religious groups commit these acts?
- How do religious and political extremist leaders attract converts to their groups? An experiment your class will enjoy taking part in.
- What makes a good religious or political leader different to an extreme one? How can we tell the difference and not be brainwashed into extreme cults?
- What is religious terrorism? Why are people prepared to die in the name of their God? How have their minds been hijacked?
- What is right-wing extremism? Why is this on the increase?
Our PSHE / Citizenship resources have been designed to be engaging, detailed and easy to follow. All our resources are editable (so easy to adapt for your classes) and are designed to last one hour each. You can find many more inexpensive and free PSHE, Citizenship and RE resources HERE