Fairy Tales Figurative Language
"Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum!" Are you ready for some figurative language fun? In this unit, students will read seven beloved fairy tales and analyze story elements. Each child will also illustrate a flip book focusing on figurative language found throughout the story.
The following books are used in this product, however other titles can be substituted:
- Jack and the Beanstalk by Steven Kellogg
- The Three Little Pigs by James Marshall
- Snow White by Josephine Poole
- Cinderella by Cynthia Rylant
- Strega Nona by Tomie Dapaola
- Sleeping Bunny by Emily Snowel Keller
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears by Jan Brett
This lesson features fonts from Lettering Delights, clipart from Scrappin Doodles, and includes seven different story element printables that focus on:
* Good Characters
* Evil Characters
* Magical Elements
In addition, Fairy Tales Figurative Language also includes story element headlines to label chart paper during whole class discussion.