This bundle of 10 products (Google Slides) is perfect for teaching Figures of Speech - Simile, Metaphor, Hyperbole, Analogy, Personification, Sensory Imagery, Irony, Synecdoche, Metonymy, Alliteration, Onomatopoeia, Repetition, Rhyme, Oxymoron and Idioms. These no prep activities would be great for ELA lessons or ELA centers. Your students will love these exercises that are planned for student engagement.
After completing these lessons, the students will be able to:
- Define various figures of speech with examples.
- Compare and contrast various figures of speech.
- Examine the examples of various figures of speech to identify their meaning.
- Interpret a given text and identify the examples of various figures of speech.
- Evaluate a text and explain how various figures of speech have impact on the reader.
- Use figures of speech to make writing poetic and to express creatively and concisely.
This bundle includes Google Slides on:
- Rhetorical Comparison Devices: 30 Slides
- Rhetorical Sound Devices: 43 Slides
- Sensory Imagery – Word Images: 19 Slides
- Personification – Figure of Speech: 22 Slides
- Irony Types – Verbal, Situational, Dramatic: 26 Slides
- Synecdoche vs Metonymy: 33 Slides
- Idioms: 29 Slides
- Metaphor: 27 Slides
- Oxymoron: 24 Slides
- Simile: 33 Slides
Here are some other possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
Save 50% on this BUNDLE!
Note: These are also sold separately!
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.