FRACTION WORD PROBLEMS ALL OPERATIONS PLUS FRACTIONS AND DECIMALS MATCH
- - - - FRACTION WORD PROBLEMS ALL OPERATIONS:
* NO FLUFF - JUST 50 PURE WORD PROBLEMS TO SOLVE!
* You receive 4 worksheets of 50 word problems - 25 problems involving ALL types of addition and subtraction of fractions with LIKE and UNLIKE denominators AND 25 problems involving all types of multiplication and division of fractions.
* Each of the addition or subtraction problems involves either operation or BOTH operations together in one problem. Many of them do.
* Each of the multiplication or division problems involves either of these two operations.
* Your students will not only need to decide what operation/s to use, but must also solve the problems to LOWEST TERMS.
* For use only AFTER your unit on addition and subtraction or multiplication and division of fractions is in full swing. Students cannot solve these problems without prior knowledge of how to solve fractions.
* * LESSON SUGGESTION : orally read and discuss the word problems DURING class and have students just give the correct operations discussing as you go along. THEN assign them to SOLVE the problems for homework! I've done this for years - works great.
* Your download of 6 pages includes answers.
- - - - FRACTIONS & DECIMALS MATCH:
* CHALLENGING AND NOT FOR THE BEGINNER!
* This different worksheet involves matching fractions and equivalent decimals to each other, but with an added "TWIST".
* The "TWIST" to this is that some of the fractions ARE NOT REDUCED but STILL equivalent to their corresponding decimals making it much harder to find the match.
* Your students might have to actually "think" here!! :)
* Great opportunity to discuss the relationship between decimals and fractions.
* You can even turn this into a transparency and use as a whole classroom lesson discussing the answers as you go along.
Your download of 2 pages includes answers.
Designed and created by David Filipek.
Copyright© 2017 David Filipek
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission for downloads to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
Some graphics provided by My Cute Graphics. Their website is: http://www.mycutegraphics.com/