This pack contains a five lesson PowerPoint focusing on the Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table - including:
1. What are acids and alkalis in terms of ions
2. What is the effect of indicators
3. Strong, weak, dilute and concentrated Acids
4. The two Core Practicals
5. Naming Salts and Writing Balanced Equations
6. Preparing Pure salts from different reactants
7. Solubility Rules
8. What is Electrolysis / an electrolyte?
9. Oxidation, Reduction and naming the electrodes
10. Writing Half Equations
11. Core Practical: Electrolysis of Copper Sulphate Solution
12. Predicting the Products of electrolysis
The PowerPoint booklet contains all the key information needed for the new GCSE, with self-made graphics/diagrams and questions linked to the accompanying AfL Booklet which can be used as in lesson AfL or as homework.
There are also links to revision videos to help your students revise the topic.
Finally, there is an accompanying mark scheme to help non-specialists as well.
I hope you find it as useful as my students do!