Three lessons in one! Students need to read a text (provided) and pick out key information from it before writing as a character from that text. This will enhance both reading and writing skills. They will also explore different forms used when writing and finally infer meaning from a text.
This package contains a range of materials for the teaching of GCSE and A level Spanish. I have included some tracking documents using both the Old KS2 levels and the new Scaled score levels as a starting point. Each of the trackers comes with an analysis tool so that you know where you are with the cohort and you can identify the different groups of learners (PP, AEN etc). They are ideal for driving effective intervention. Please add me on Twitter @thenortherner19 for questions and updates.
The materials include the rollowing:
- A2 SPANISH revision materials and assessment guidance
- GCSE SPANISH COMPREHENSIVE REVISION MATERIALS
- Superb AS Spanish REVISION AND SUMMARY resources
- MFL 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9) Using the old KS3 levels as a starting point
NEW MFL 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (USING SCALED SCORE KS2)
- 70 + AfL activities for all teachers (Generic for all MFL Teachers)
Detailed Spanish AS Level Revision Materials and independent study
- AS revision checklist AS Spanish: Resources for independent Study
- Unas frases para impresionar al pobre profe!
- Independent Study Tracker
- Revision Booklet Revision tips and techniques
- AS Vocab booklet Really useful Spanish booklet
- Oral training guide
This incredibly comprehensive aid will guide and support students' essay writing skills (discursive and research based) in Spanish.
The following resource includes two documents:
1. AS/2 Essay writing toolkit, (2 page writing matt for students) which includes:
• 19 phrases to introduce a point/open a paragraph
• 20 phrases to analyse/evaluate an argument
• 12 phrases to conclude a point/close a paragraph
• 14 interesting phrases
• 72 connectives and sentence starters
• 52 sentence starters to trigger the present subjunctive
• Grammar guidance on present and imperfect subjunctive formation, including irregular verbs.
• 8 infinitive to describe the authorities actions
• Help in English to organise your writing according to your needs: add, sequence, describe, illustrate, insist, compare, contrast, etc.
2. AS-A2 Accuracy top tips (1 page ~ very useful for the translation component):
• 6 Top tips to deal with issues like tenses, word order, grammatical accuracy, etc.
• Top 4 most useful acronyms in Spanish to improve accuracy in writing.
All images are copyright free (source: wikimedia commons)