In this bundle, our second book Prince Igor Figures It Out, promotes our second message in our growth mindset series.
Igor is a prince in The World of Whyse and struggles at school with maths, unlike his sister, Princess Raya, who never ceases to remind him of how good she is at maths. Through hard work, practice and resilience, Igor manages to improve his skills. There are inevitably a few hiccups along the way, which will captivate the imagination of your pupils and will not disappoint. We pride ourselves on a story rich in language. This story can also be used for PSHE, moral values and assemblies.
The bumper resource pack contains a lengthy PowerPoint and printable worksheets in which there are 9 interactive and educational tasks. The tasks in this resource are primarily about palaces and castles.
The contents of this pack are as follows:
• A discussion of photos about The Royal Family.
• A labelling exercise relating to a castle.
• A whole class discussion using adjectives to describe two contracting palaces/ castles.
• A differentiated descriptive reading and grammar task, based on a description of a spooky castle.
• A comprehension question & answer pack based on the book (Igor Figures It Out). This resource can be bought separately – see Comprehension Questions – Book 2 – Igor Figures It Out.
• A group growth mindset memory mania game with a points system.
• A group palace project task.