A set of task cards for 4 person balances and routines and a differentiated resource card students can use to copy the 4 person balances from. Easiest to hardest: Green, Yellow, Red, Purple
I would only suggest purple and red to those that are really competent gymnasts and have done some sports acro before - otherwise support would be required.
The task cards contain 16 tasks on 13 pages. The tasks take students through how to match, mirror and complement individual balances as well as creating their own interpretations independently. They also included tasks that use the group of 4 balances resource sheet:
- Students select and practice
- Find ways of getting into and out of the balances
- Linking 2 group of 4 balances together
- Developing their own 4 person balances by matching and mirroring pairs balances, trio balances, top positions or base positions given
- Creating a short sequence
Please note what you see in the previews is everything included.
Recommendations for use for the A4 resource card:
- Give each group a copy of the resource and they can self differentiate
- Give each group a copy and give them a colour to try based on their ability
- Ask students to pick a balance and change one of the positions to create a new balance and show the class
- Get students to adapt the balances for apparatus
Need other gymnastics balances? Click here