Primary students explore the story of Hansel and Gretel through guided drama activities. NO PREP REQUIRED! This curriculum aligned drama unit for primary school has 5 x 60 minute detailed lesson plans with extension and differentiation activities. A perfect and engaging way to explore a well loved story.
- 5 x 60 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans based on Hansel and Gretel
- Scene Starter Cards
- Additional and Extension Activities
KEY VOCABULARY: Movement. Freeze. Voice. Characters. Putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. Scene. Facial Expression. Emotion. Gestures. Sound Effects. Drama Machine. Soundscape. Feelings.
UNIT AIMS: Primary School students explore the story ‘Hansel and Gretel’ through guided drama activities. Students develop drama skills: creating, responding and performing throughout various guided drama experiences.
- Visualise a world and respond to text (psycho drama)
- Relate parts of the story to personal experiences
- Put themselves in someone else’s shoes and describe a characters feelings
- Respond to directions
- Use movement, facial expression and gesture to convey meaning and show emotions
- Create soundscapes
- Collaborate with peers to create scenes and contribute ideas
- Contribute to guided drama experiences
- Develop creative ideas
- Practice rhymes from the story
Check out my store for more drama resources! Happy teaching!!!