This resource contains two posters from a set of 14 posters that are available. See below for details.
You may also be interested in:
This resource contains a fully editable, colourful and informative 36-slide lesson/assembly Powerpoint Presentation on the Jewish Festival of Hanukkah (also known as the Festival of Lights) which is celebrated for eight days, usually between the end of November and the end of December. Hanukkah commemorates the re-dedication of the second Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and the miracle of the menorah lights.
The PowerPoint explains what Hanukkah is and why and how it is celebrated.
The resource contains references to
1. Why Hanukkah is commemorated - the story of King Antiochus IV, Mattathias, Judah and the Maccabees.
2. The restoration and rededication of the Second Temple.
3. The miracle of the menorah and its significance.
4. Hanukkah food - fried food cooked in oil eg latkes and doughnuts
4. Hanukkah Games - the dreidel, gelt (chocolate coins)
The PowerPoint contains a hyperlink to a short and lively 5-minute video about Hanukkah.
This resource will help to contribute to the pupils’ ‘Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural’ learning (SMSC) and will help to actively promote the British Values of mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
[More Hanukkah Resources
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.