This resource is a set of 3 art lessons based around the theme of harvest for Key Stage 1. Children create three pictures based on Van Gogh’s series of wheatfield paintings. The key skills that are taught include creating different tones and shades with paint, pastel and pencil and experimenting with shapes and patterns.
The lesson plans are very detailed and include a list of any resources you will need to get out of the cupboard. There are also details of curriculum links and examples of work from my class. I have included the PowerPoints I used for the series of lessons, which contains information about the artist, examples of the artists’ work around which the lessons are based and information about how bread is made. Also included are templates for the children to use.
All the resources needed for the unit are included:
- A 17 page PDF lesson plan with examples of work from my class
- A 10 slide animated PowerPoint (This is not editable. Click ‘Read Only’ to open.)
- An 8 slide animated PowerPoint (This is not editable. Click ‘Read Only’ to open.)
- A 3 page PDF document with examples of the artist’s work for the class to work from
- 3 pages of templates for the children to use
I created this unit of work to use with my year 1 class for a harvest art project. I was so impressed with the outcome and the children’s work made a fantastic display. I hope you enjoy the lessons! They are great fun!