Mr Barnes Teaches Chemistry
This is a revision booklet aimed at the new 2016 Science GCSE.
It covers everything the students need to know about ionic bonding, including:
1. What is an ion?
2. How do you work out the charge of ions?
3. What is an ionic bond?
4. Drawing dot and cross diagrams.
5. Examples of ionic bonding
6. Calculating Protons, Neutrons and Electrons of an ion.
7. ‘-ide’, ‘-ate’
8. Finding the Formula
9. Giant Ionic Lattices
10. Properties of Ionic Compounds.
A. Outcomes for the GCSE,
B. Video links which contain information, questions and model answers,
C. Revision notes which have been written by myself, specifically for the course
D. Practice exam questions
E. Model answers
This is designed for Edexcel but covers all aspects of AQA and OCR Chemistry.
I hope you find it useful!