This workbook of 18 pages covers the 2014 curriculum for keystage 3 and presents a set of resources to help pupils to achieve their learning objectives as follows:
1. to understand what food I need to maintain a healthy body.
2. to understand which foods belong to each main group: carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
3. to understand the consequences of an imbalanced diet.
4. to be able to plan a healthy, balanced meal.
5. to become acquainted with the vocabulary pertaining to a healthy lifestyle and diet.
The resource was originally designed for secondary PRU pupils who enjoyed working through the resource and were fully engaged in the topic.