- 4 short stories (The Lamb to the Slaughter, The Red Room, The Signalman and The Black Cat)
- An extensive set of comprehension questions after each story, as well as space to do a 'personal response'.
- A 'Creative response' homework task at the end of the unit.
I have also included other resources I made when teaching the unit:
- Analysis of language from an extract in 'Lamb to the Slaughter'
- A non-fiction 'create a leaflet' task for 'The Red Room'
- Assessment preparation resources
- Summative assessment extract and question for 'The Black Cat'.
I used these resources for a mid-ability Year 9 group as an introduction to the type of skills they'll need for Literature analysis at GCSE. They enjoyed the unit and found the workbook useful as it allowed them to annotate and collate their ideas on each story. The comprehension questions proved a great way to approach their initial understanding, as well as a starting point for discussion of the characters.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.