‘Let’s learn about…Healthy Eating’ is a complete workbook which explores what a healthy diet is.
Students will be able to:
- Identify a range of different fruits and vegetables.
- Classify fruits and vegetables in a range of ways.
- Sketch a diagram showing the different classifications of fruits and vegetables based on where they grow.
- Compare and contrast the range of fruits at your local supermarket and draw conclusions on their availability.
- Plan a way to reduce your family’s carbon footprint.
- Design a poster to present to your family to introduce your proposed changes.
Learning outcomes have been written using Blooms Taxonomy to ensure that students are successfully challenged as they progress through the work. Additionally, ‘Stretch and Challenge’ activities throughout the pages give students the opportunity to extend or consolidate their learning. These can be used as either extension work in the lesson or as standalone homework tasks.
Workbooks have been purposely designed to be black and white to reduce photocopying costs, and include high quality B&W clipart throughout. These images allow students the opportunity to customise or colour their work and are particularly helpful for students with ADHD who like to doodle whilst they learn.
As the first in a series of workbooks looking at Food and Nutrition, I am excited to introduce this resource to the TES community.
A little about me…
I love creating resources and planning schemes of learning; it’s one of the best parts about being a teacher for me. Having been a teacher of Food & Nutrition, Business and Travel for 12 years I have recently moved out of permanent employment in education and I am currently working as a supply teacher covering a range of subjects. This is helping me to gain a wider insight into different curriculums as well as giving me the time to work freelance producing resources. I put these resources together with love as I am passionate about educating young people and want their experience in the classroom to be the best it possibly can be. I hope that I can help achieve that.
My motto… Inspire – Instruct – Inform.