A complete lesson based on a selection of limericks by Edward Lear. Includes PPT presentation and comprehension tasks. Ideal for exploring classic and nonsense poetry. Also includes guidance for two follow-up activities. A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work.
The 12 slide PPT contains:
• Limericks with supporting visual images
• Background information about limericks and Edward Lear
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up writing activities which support students in creating their own limericks
The resource also includes:
• A sheet containing three illustrated limericks. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated comprehension worksheets. Worksheet A contains straightforward literal questions and an activity requiring pupils to visualise a limerick and create an illustration. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains questions linked to vocabulary and a task requiring students to express their opinion.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 20%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
Nonsense Poetry Bundle
Contains two complete poetry lessons based on the nonsense poem 'Jabberwocky’ by Lewis Carroll and a selection of Edward Lear’s limericks. Includes PPT presentations and comprehension tasks. Ideal for teachers exploring classic nonsense poetry. Useful for reading sessions or literacy lessons Each lesson also includes guidance for follow-up activities making this a flexible resource with the potential for extension into two short units of work. The PPT provided for each lesson includes: • Poem(s) with supporting visual images • Background information about the poet and poem (s) • Discussion questions • Details of follow-up activities. Also included for each lesson: • Copy of the poem (s). Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight. • Two differentiated comprehension worksheets.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.