Contains two complete poetry lessons based on the nonsense poem 'Jabberwocky’ by Lewis Carroll and a selection of Edward Lear’s limericks. Includes PPT presentations and comprehension tasks. Ideal for teachers exploring classic nonsense poetry. Useful for reading sessions or literacy lessons Each lesson also includes guidance for follow-up activities making this a flexible resource with the potential for extension into two short units of work.
The PPT provided for each lesson includes:
• Poem(s) with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poet and poem (s)
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up activities.
Also included for each lesson:
• Copy of the poem (s). Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated comprehension worksheets.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.