Little Man Computer Programming Teaching Pack
Low Level Programming for a model of the Von Neumann CPU
Knowledge of Little Man Computer programming is either required for or supportive of the following Computer Science specification references:
OCR A Level
1.2.4 Types of Programming Language - read, write, trace and amend programs written in the Little Man Computer language
Cambridge Assessment International Education AS/A2
CAIE have their own assembly language instruction set which differs from LMC in a small ways. However LMC is a good staring point for learning this slightly more complex instruction set.
Section 7 The characteristics and purpose of high-level and low-level
- 1.1 Von Neumann architecture
- 2.5 Low level languages
Topics covered by this resource
- The LMC instruction set
- Running an LMC program in a simulator
- Working with input and output
- Using the accumulator
- Addition and subtraction with LMC
- Storing and loading values from RAM
- Working with labels for memory addresses
- Using DAT to store data
- Writing programs to solve problems in LMC
Contents of this resource
- In-depth presentation on Little Man Computer Programming in
- Exercises and challenge for students
- Code for all examples in the presentation
- Challenge solution code
- Supplementary LMC programs
- Detailed annotations for may of the LMC programs provided
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.