These resources are for a Geometry project that can be tailored to any year level and is easily differentiated by ability as you can set your expectations for each student based on their ability. This project could be done at home during lockdown or when you are in school. Students use their environment to create a Shape Book that can be done digitally on Book Creator, a book creating app or by hand, and the product can be printed and sold or donated for charity purposes. This project looks at, but is not limited to; 2D Shapes; 3D Shapes; formulas for area, perimeter, volume; features of 2D and 3D shapes; and line. Students can do this project individually or collaboratively. This project can be completed in English or bilingual dependent on your learning environment.
Included in this resource you will find:
- A plan with a driving question and weekly activities
- A rubric you can assess your students on with 3 examples of how I have used this assessment tool.
- The beginnings of a PowerPoint you can add to
- 2 examples that you can discuss with your students, discussing the examples using 2 stars and wish is a good way to motivate students to create something exciting.
- A sample letter calling your class to action
- A project planner that students can plan