A ready to use lesson presentation that presents teaching and learning resources on narrative writing.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Recall narrative writing techniques.
- Apply authorial technique to write narratives.
- Analyse author’s use of language and the impact of it in narration.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of narration in writing.
This download includes:
- Vocabulary Overview - Narration
- Real Life Application and Cross-Curriculum Links
- Flipped Lesson Part - Videos
- Success Criteria - Narrative Writing Checklist
- Lesson Starter: Providing one-word, one-phrase, or one-sentence narration.
- Discussion: Narrative Writing Flow Chart
- Pair-Share: Analyzing the given narrative to identify its structure.
- Think-Write: Comparing two narratives to identify their point of view.
- Write-Share: Using graphic organizer to narrate a small inspirational story.
Mini-Plenary: 3 Online Quizzes
Differentiated Tasks: Demonstrating narration skill in writing.
Extensions: Sketching out sequence of events for narratives using Timeline Tool.
Plenary: Answering multiple choice questions on narrative writing.
- Examining the picture to write a narration.
- Narrating in a funny voice what happens to your friends.
- Reading the narrative to answer the questions.
- Reading short paragraphs to identify the voice used.
Common Core Standards: ELA-Literacy-Writing - 6-8.3a-e
Skills: Social and Cognitive
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment