Designed for A level curriculum, whereas this includes:
- power point presentation containing the entire chapter
- excel file containing one example from the ppt, to show to students how the iteration procedure is carried out.
Particularly, the excel file will be useful to show the iterative procedure to the students.
The learning objectives:
- understand the idea of a sequence approximations which converges to a root of an equation
- understand how a given simple iterative formula relates to the equation being solved, and use a given iteration, or an iteration based on a given rearrangement of an equation, to determine a root to a prescribed degree of accuracy.
- use technology to help understand iteration