For students to be successful with utilizing these cards, they should have prior knowledge of the following concepts and/or vocabulary:
- food chains, food webs and energy pyramids
- consumer (heterotroph)
- producer (autotroph)
- impact of introducing an organism to an existing ecosystem or removal of an organism
- amount of energy available at each level of an energy pyramid
- primary consumer, secondary consumer, carnivores, herbivores, omnivores, decomposers, parasite, host, predator, prey
- biotic and abiotic factors
- symbiotic relationships (parasitism, mutualism, commensalism)
- limiting factors
- how human activities, such as artificial reefs, have modified ocean systems
- comparing a food web to a cycle
- effects of short-term and long-term environmental changes
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.