A ready to use lesson plan that presents teaching and learning resources on paragraph writing.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of the understanding of the basic elements of a paragraph.
- Apply PEEL and PEEC models to construct paragraphs.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of paragraphing in writing.
This download includes:
- Vocabulary Overview - Paragraphs
- Real Life Application and Cross-Curriculum Links
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video
- Success Criteria - Paragraphing Checklist
- Lesson Starter: Choosing a topic to write a paragraph.
- Discussion: Paragraphing Structure
- Pair-Share: Spotting topic sentence, supporting details, and closing sentence.
- Think-Write: Using PEEL model to construct a paragraph.
- Write-Share: Using PEEC model to construct a paragraph.
Mini-Plenary: 3 Online Quizzes
Differentiated Tasks: Writing paragraphs on given situations.
Extensions: Writing a paragraph to convey information as required by the topic.
Plenary: Answering multiple choice questions on paragraphing.
- Dividing the given text into paragraphs.
- Arranging paragraphs in a logical order.
- Identifying the topic and the closing sentences in paragraphs.
- Matching topic and closing sentences with correct paragraphs.
- Putting sentences in correct order to produce a well-organized paragraph.
Common Core Standards: ELA-Literacy-Writing - 9-10.2a-f/4/5
Skills: Social and Cognitive
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment