This is a series of worksheets, activities and FREE lessons using the White Rose Maths Secondary Schemes (Year 7 Autumn Term 1 Block 1 Week 1). I have made lessons using the schemes with suggested activities. Where possible, I have suggested the use of manipulatives and have provided many opportunities for afl. Each slide on the teacher’s powerpoint gives suggestions of activities and suggestions on how to use the slide. You may decide to use the slides differently to how I have done or may decide to not use the powerpoint at all and just the activities.
I have given some suggested answers and ideas how to scaffold learning. Teachers may decide to hide these slides for their own use only or they may decide to share these with their students.
Key words have been highlighted throughout in blue and definitions are highlighted in purple. All worksheets and activities are also provided separately (as a ppt and pdf where possible) for ease of printing.
I hope you find this useful, it has taken a lot of time to prepare! I hope to produce worksheets and activities for the rest of the year so keep a look out. I have included the powerpoint free of charge, it may not be available later in the year as my staff begin to prepare their own lessons. Let me know how it goes.
White Rose Maths Small Steps Covered
- Describe and continue a sequence given diagrammatically
- Predict and check the next term(s) of a sequence
- Represent sequences in tabular and graphical forms
- Recognise the difference between linear and non linear sequences
- Continue numerical non linear sequences
- Explain the term to term rule for numerical sequences in words
- Find missing terms within sequences