This video and activity pack is a fun introduction to plastics. Covering what types of plastics are around us, thermoplastics and thermosetting, the history of plastics and recycling them. Throughout the video students are asked to think about - “If you were a plastic which plastic would you be?” Suitable for KS2-KS3 and even teacher training inset.
What the pack includes:
• Video made by Happy DTing! “Plastic - If you were a plastic which plastic would you be?”
• Plastics Around Us - a chance to check students know what things are made from plastic.
• Hunt For Plastics - Students list what plastic things they can find around them.
• Thermo and Thermosetting Plastic - Learn about the two categories that plastics are sorted into.
• Thermo and Thermosetting Plastic Activity - Place examples of both types of plastics in the right column.
• History of Plastics - Find out which plastics came first.
• Plastic Pollution and Recycling - Learn about recycling plastic.
• Recycling Symbol Challenge - Go on a recycling symbol hunt.
• Recycling Symbol Information Cards - To help learn more about the main plastic recycling symbols.
• Fronts For Recycling Symbol Information Cards - To be stuck to the other side of the info cards, students can then use the cards to test what information is on the other side without looking, either in pairs or individually.
• Plastic Images from the “Plastic - If you were a plastic which plastic would you be?” video
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.