A set of 10 ready to use worksheets task cards on poem writing.
After working with these worksheets students will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge of poetry structures, elements, and forms.
- Develop students’ abilities to understand a poetic response to the world they inhabit, both from the point of view of a poet and from their own experience.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of poetry in writing.
This download includes worksheets on:
- Matching the poem types with their meanings.
- Identifying the poem types.
- Writing Ode and Tanka poems.
- Writing a 7-line, diamond-shaped poem (Diamante) poem.
- Demonstrating the skill of poems in writing.
- Answering multiple choice questions on poem writing.
- Writing poems as suggested.
- Writing poems as directed.
- Writing poems based on situations.
- Writing poems based on prompts.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment