Students will be able to research facts about rabbits and compare fact with fiction, then use their creativity to create their own bunny stories or plays.
1. Students will learn that rabbits do not lay eggs, but give birth to living children
2. Students will learn how rabbits became part of Easter traditions.
3. Students will use information gathered to decide if they want to have a rabbit in the classroom.
4. Students will work together in groups to research the following information about caring for rabbits
a. What is the best place to house a rabbit?
b. What rabbits eat and how much?
c. How to breed a bunny and care it's babies.
5. Students will use their creativity to act out or write stories about rabbits
6. Students will use cover illustrations of rabbit stories to create their own.
7. Students will browse the library for stories and/or books for more rabbit stories.
The following video can be used to demonstrate how rabbits are born, but it may not be appropriate for some children. Use discretion.
Watch "Rabbit giving birth-baby bunnies" on YouTubehttps://youtu.be/9ohMZF5C-i8