UPDATED with preview panes
This product contains a short reading text on PowerPoint for whole class reading and comprehension questions.
Lesson Plans and differentiated worksheets/tasks.
Please see Preview Pane for sample worksheets and slides.
Aimed at and suitable for Kindergarten/Grade 1 and ESL/EFL/ELA students.
This resource can be used in whole class and group setting and for one-to-one teaching.
The Learning objectives and outcomes are in each lesson plan 1-5.
**English Language Arts lesson plans for 5 days focusing on the text. **
- 22 Slides: PowerPoint Presentation
- Reading comprehension questions - listening/speaking and reading/writing
- Scrambled sentence activities - differentiated tasks involving capitalization and using end punctuation.
- Word work focus on the prefix ‘un’ - making new words and gap filling exercises.
- Grammar work on the simple past - regular and common irregular verbs.
- Answer sheet for worksheet 1 and self-correction sheet for worksheet 2 (Lesson 4)
- Writing sentences
- Composition - Writing a story based on Zack’s Unusual pet
- Opportunity for computer work/non-fiction work on finding information about animals not usually kept as domestic pets.
- Worksheets and activities - differentiated.
There is a Past Tense Verb Table for information/visual display for printing off in PowerPoint. Displaying regular and irregular past tense verbs.
Resources editable and printable.
File Type: Word, PowerPoint and PDF Formats contained in a zip file - all files in one folder.