This is an ideal resource for Roald Dahl Day in September and for World Book Day. This resource contains:
Roald Dahl Presentation
This is a fully editable, 80-slide PowerPoint presentation on the life and works of Roald Dahl. It includes references to:
- His birthplace, parentage, family
- His education and schooling
- His career - RAF fighter pilot
- His works including The BFG, Matilda, Fantastic Mr Fox, Boy, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, Danny Champion of the World, The Gremlins, Going Solo
- His likes, dislikes, interests, hobbies
- His imaginative and fun use of language and wordplay
The PowerPoint contains hyperlinks to Dahl’s writing hut, an audio of Roald Dahl giving writing tips, an interview with Terry Wogan and an interview with Roald’s widow at his former home, Gipsy Cottage.
Roald Dahl Quiz
The quiz contains 50 questions with multiple choice answers. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. Answers can be found by clicking on the Roald Dahl image on each slide. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. The resource also contains question and answer sheet for individuals/teams to record answers.
1. Where was I born?
2. What stories did my mum & Grandma tell me?
3. When I was a young boy what was my favourite book?
4. In which book did I write about childhood days?
5. Which chocolate makers used to send chocolate to Repton School for testing?
This resource is suitable for older SEN students due to simple text presentation, the visual nature of the resource and the multiple choice format of questions and answers.
More Roald Dahl Resources
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide:
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step-by-Step Guide