This stimulating and comprehensive lesson enables students to read and fully understand the Roman numerals system up to 1,000, recognise years written in Roman numerals, and complete a variety of sums written in Roman numerals.
The lesson follows a step-by-step learning journey, in which children learn through:
- Learning the origins and the basic rules of Roman Numerals through clear and simple explanations;
- Demonstrating their understanding through well-differentiated application and challenge activities;
- Applying their understanding to complete sums and scribe important historical dates using Roman numerals;
- Gauging their own understanding through both AfL activities and self-reflection tasks.
- Whole lesson PowerPoint - clear and precise, colourful and comprehensive;
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold level award worksheets - carefully differentiated and provided in both Word and PDF;
- Teacher answer sheets;
- A help-sheet to support students who find the subject content more difficult;
- A detailed teacher lesson plan.
There are also opportunities for group learning, speaking and listening, peer assessment, and whole class discussion. I originally used these resources with year 5 and 6 classes, however colleagues have used them for between years 3 and 9 with minimal adaptations.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and image rights are listed on the last page of the presentation.
Fun impressive powerpoint
Thanks - easy to follow lesson plan and Presentation together with differentiated worksheets.
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.