Just in time for Halloween, the Haunted House Challenge is a mini-project in which students apply their knowledge of scale and ratio to create a haunted house for a troll. Students select one of two templates to use for the house. Students measure, calculate the proportion by which to scale the template, and calculate the dimensions of the new house. Students use this information to design and build a haunted house. Scale drawing practice for haunted house creatures are included as well.
Included in this resource:
- Teacher Directions
- Student directions
- 2 Haunted house templates
- Haunted house creatures scale template
A great addition to your middle school math program .
Middle school geometry resources include:
- Volume and Surface area of Rectangular and Triangular Prisms math Detective Activity
-Finding Pi Inquiry Activity with circles
- Find the area of composite figures and polygons paper chain activity
- Volume and Surface Area of Cylinders and Cones Quest Activity
- Design a Medieval Village Integrated Geometry Project
- Find the Area: Rectangles Practice and Review (6.G.A.1.)
- Find the Area: Right Triangles Practice and Review (6.G.A.1.)
- Find the Volume: Cubes and Rectangular Prisms Practice and Review (6.G.A.2.)
- Find the Volume: Triangular Prisms (6.G.A.4.)
- Find the area between two rectangles
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.