This is a 27 page, fully loaded revision, study and comprehension resource for Robert Louis Stevenson's 'The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'.
This has been written with the latest AQA (9-1) English Literature specification in mind, but I'm sure this would work equally well with other exam boards. I've tried to make this revision guide as active as possible, so there are lots of activities and tasks for students to do as they work through the booklet. There's a good balance of information and engaging tasks for students to work through.
This is an ideal companion to the 'Jekyll and Hyde Exam Questions' resource I have created (both resources are available together as a discounted bundle, available here: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/complete-jekyll-and-hyde-study-pack-student-workbook-and-exam-question-booklet-20-pc-saving-11400943)
Contents of this guide run as follows:
* Visual summary of plot
* Storyboard task for students to then recall the plot and key events from memory
* Context (students explore key issues raised in the novella such as poverty, attitudes towards women, science vs religion, Darwinism etc by making connections between these issues and events in the novella)
* Key Quotes - Students explore key quotes through analysis of their meaning and significance, quotes are broken down chapter by chapter and provide thematic links etc.
* Themes - Students make connections between themes, characters and events in the novel
* Characterisation - Students have to complete a character profile for all the main characters using the study tasks provided
* Key Terminology - Exploring some key terminology and vocabulary that will deepen their understanding of the novella as well as impress examiners.
* Exam question - an exam question worded and structured in the same way you will expect to find them on the new 9-1 literature paper (lots more of these are provided in the exam question companion booklet)
*Exam Techniques - Hints and tips on how to maximise performance in the exam.
Ideal for all teachers as this is a new set text to be added to the specification. Definitely a grade saving resource that enables students to fully prepare for the exam and to explore the text from lots of different angles.
Ready to roll, everything a student needs to study the text/ revise for the exam and boost their confidence in the run up to the exam. Little/no adaptation required. Suitable for a range of abilities. Enjoy!
If you make a purchase and find the resource useful, why not get another one absolutely free? Simply leave a review for the resource purchased, email email@example.com with your TES username alongside a link to the resource you would like. Your free resource will then be sent over right away!