This bundle contains a 37 slide lesson presentation, a set of 16 worksheets and 14 posters on similes and metaphors.
The content of the PowerPoint includes
1. Explanation and definition of simile and metaphors.
2. Why they are used.
3. Examples of similes and metaphors from poetry and literature - I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud (William Wordsworth), The Ancient Mariner (Samuel Taylor Coleridge), The Highwayman (Alfred Noyes), My Luv is Like a Red, Red Rose ( Robert Burns) and the Bible.
4. The difference between similes and metaphors.
5. Images to stimulate students to compose their own similes and metaphors.
6. Opportunities to identify, and distinguish between, similes and metaphors.
Set of 16 Worksheets
1.Worksheets on Identifying similes and metaphors in sentences and poetry and literature from The Ancient Mariner by Coleridge, Sea Fever by John Masefield, I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud by William Wordsworth, The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes, A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns, several Bible verses and Shakespeare quotes.
2. Worksheets on composing sentences and short paragraphs containing similes and metaphors on themes including foggy day, the haunted house, the snow, the combine harvester, candle flame, trees, hate, love, happiness.
Set of 14 Posters
Thirteen posters on similes and metaphors including one poster which explains the difference between similes and metaphors.
More English Resources
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow!