-recap of graphs the should be familiar with;
-illustrations of the 4 types of transformations (including additional notes on the effects of negative scale factors);
- animated demonstrations of each transformation (based on quadratic curves and trigonometric function transformations);
- note sheet for printing
- features over 20 "AFL" / "diagnostic" assessment questions suitable for class discussion, identifying understanding & progress, differentiation needs or topic plenary;
- Investigation / Understanding / Reasoning exercise sheets, with modeled & animated answers;
- two exercises asking for written descriptions of the transformations;
- an excel spread sheet with re-usable infinitely generating question sets on Transformations (ideal for quick and easy to use with a class, present it on the whiteboard, use as an independent exercise, group exercise, mini-whiteboard activity or as an aid in the discussion of the topic.
- past paper exam questions
- links to further (free) resources
The presentation contains everything you may need to demonstrate and help to explain the difficult topic of Higher GCSE Transformations of Graphs. The presentation can be used in many ways, as a full first introduction to the topic or as a revision session where you can select which parts of the presentation are necessary/most useful.
Any and all feedback welcome!
Please come back and review my resource or message me with any queries / requests. This is my first upload, I make all my resources for personal use, and am now sharing across a wider community for the first time - I'd like to make sure that all users of my resources will be happy with their purchase, positive reviews and ratings are very important to me - visit 'my shop' and 'follow me' if you would like to see more resources of this standard.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
I think your diagram and instruction for f(-x) may be wrong. Should show a reflection in y axix and instruct to divide x coordinate by -1 ?
Excellent resource and well produced presentation
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.