A classroom-ready set of presentations covering Motivation Theory and Practice from Unit 2 of the Cambridge International Examinations Business Syllabus. Connects seamlessly with the core approved textbooks and addresses all learning objectives.
This presentations highlights key concepts of the syllabus from the CIE AS Level Business Unit 2 including:
• the need to motivate employees to achieve the objectives of a business
• a simple explanation of human need
• how human needs may or may not be satisfied at work
• ideas of the main content theorists (Maslow, Taylor, Mayo, Herzberg) and process theorists (McClelland, Vroom)
• the theories in practical situations
• different payment methods (time based, salary, piece rates, commission, bonuses, profit sharing, performance related pay)
• different types of non-financial motivators (training, induction, opportunities for promotion, development, status, job re-design, team working, empowerment, participation, fringe benefits/perks)
• ways in which employees can participate in the management and control of business activity
The presentations can be delivered as lectures and supplemented with a teacher’s own creative exercises and activities. An excellent key resource for new and experienced teachers alike.