Topic: Improving the Environment
Lessons Available: 8
Age range: 7 – 11 years
Duration of each lesson: 1 hour (approx.)
- To discuss and identify where materials come from.
- To categorise raw and manufactured materials.
- To investigate what happens to our rubbish.
- To examine how and why recycling is effective.
- To gather first-hand information about disposal of rubbish and recycling.
- To gather evidence about landfill or recycling centre sites.
- To explore how and why people seek to manage and sustain their environment.
- To collect and gather evidence about environmental problems in the local area.
- To explore and suggest ways of improving the environmental condition of a local area.
- To respond to a letter about the environment and to debate the issue of caring for the environment.
PDF and Word documents attached so fully editable.