This activity pack contains 14 activities to explore the topic of Volcanoes. They can be used as whole class activities, centre activities or individual activities. The activities strongly combine the science topic with reading skills and strategies. Many activities relate to the comprehension strategy of summarising. Some are also writing prompts.
Some of them link to internet sites for technology use. A lot of the activities are in foldable format. Answers are included where appropriate. The only resources that are needed are some texts or books on volcanoes which can include websites. Any activities that require a text or book can then be scaffolded to the appropriate level.
- Alphabet (topic word for each letter)
- Comic Summary (read a story and summarise it in comic form)
- Hand (research a volcano in history and pull out main facts)
- Imagination (descriptive writing prompt)
- One Sentence Only (summarise each paragraph in a chosen text)
- Positive and Negative effects (foldable sorting effects of volcanoes)
- Storyteller (narrative writing prompt)
- Structure of a volcano (information sheet for students to create a volcano diagram)
- Types of volcano (foldable that involves matching names, description and picture)
- Volcanic Eruptions Comprehension (information passage with questions)
- Volcano cloze (information text with missing words about volcanoes)
- Volcano explorer (gathering information from interactive voclano website)
- Volcano Vocabulary (foldable involving matching topic words to definitions)
- Witness vs. Scientist (foldable involving sorting statements)
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.