This game involves playing snap with cards that show equivalent fractions.
Alternatively the cards can also be used to play go fish with equivalent fractions.
Instructions for both games are included.
- 1 Colour set of 48 gamecards (4 pages)
- Instructions (1 page)
This interactive notebook page looks at rounding whole numbers. Can be used for rounding decimals but no examples of that were included here however the process is the same.
Vocabulary foldables are included for “rounding”.
Example are included for rounding up and rounding down to be glued inside the foldable, however you can always have students show their own examples.
1 information page for students and teachers with images of completed foldables
2 page rounding foldable with complete instructions for students as well
1 vocabulary foldable
This interactive math notebook page looks at different types of symmetry including line symmetry and rotational symmetry.
It leads students through the creation of an interactive shape showing line symmetry.
The information page provides photos and description for students to add to their math notebook page.
A rotational symmetry foldable is provided, enabling the creation of an interactive shape showing rotational symmetry. Again a description is provided for students to add to their page.
This game practices completing the four operations with fractions. It also can practice comparing fractions. Students randomly choose number cards to make fractions, then complete the action on the action card. They generally have a specified time e.g. 1 minute to complete the problem on their working out paper. They get points based on their answer (bonus points for simplified answers).
NOTE: This game can be found in our Fraction Math Game Pack - Buy it and you get a game for free!
- 1 teacher information page
- 2 colour instruction pages - 1 with written instructions, 1 with more of a diagram approach
- 1 colour game board
- 4 sets of numeral cards
- 1 page of action cards (-, +, x, , =)
Two worksheets included both in colour and black and white versions. (Answers are included)
One has a Word Search or Word Find with 20 words to do with 2D shapes and transformations including reflect, rotate, translate and symmetry.
The other has a crossword with the same words and clues for each word.
- 1 2D Shape Word Find or Word Search in colour and black and white
- 1 2D Shape Crossword in colour and black and white
- Words included:
- Circle - Scalene - Symmetry
- Equilateral - Square - Rotate
- Hexagon - Trapezium - Reflect
- Isolsceles - Triangle - Translate
- Octagon - Reflective - Rotational
- Parallelogram - Pentagon - Rectangle
- Pentagon - Rhombus - Right Angle
This foldable leads students through classifying triangles by sides or angles. It’s great as a math interactive notebook entry.
There is a double flap at the front, the first flap indicates whether the student is classifying by sides or angles.
Underneath that flap is the second flap with the different classifications.
Inside the interactive foldable there are specific descriptors or facts for each classification and also a diagram.
Also included to complete the interactive math notebook page is some information on triangles and classifying them or their different types.
Also available in our Natural Disaster Activity Pack.
This activity pack contains 14 activities to explore the topic of Earthquakes and Tsunamis. They can be used as whole class activities, centre activities or individual activities. The activities strongly combine the science topic with reading skills and strategies. Many activities relate to the comprehension strategy of summarising. Some are also writing prompts.
Some of them link to internet sites for technology use. A lot of the activities are in foldable format. Answers are included where appropriate. The only resources that are needed are some texts or books on earthquakes and tsunamis which can include websites. Any activities that require a text or book can then be scaffolded to the appropriate level.
- 2 Acrostic Poems (Earthquake and Tsunami)
- Alphabet (topic word for each letter)
- Earthquake and Tsunami Vocabulary (foldable involving matching topic words to definitions)
- Earthquake Damage
(foldable looking at images of earthquakes and identifying damage)
- Effects of Earthquakes (foldable matching different effects with definitions)
- Emergency Kit (foldable where students rank chosen emergency kit items and justify choices)
- Hand (research an earthquake or tsunami in history and pull out main facts)
- How a tsunami forms (foldable ordering descriptions on how a tsunami forms)
- Newspaper Comprehension
(foldable with questions on 4 different internet articles around tsunamis or earthquakes)
- Short term and long term impacts (foldable sorting impacts of earthquakes)
- Surviving a tsunami (foldable looking at a website and increasing survival chances)
- Tectonic plates jigsaw (jigsaw pieces for a world map divided up in tectonic plates)
- Types of faults (foldable that involves matching names, description and picture)
- Types of plate boundaries (foldable that involves matching names, description and picture)
Also available in our Natural Disaster Activity Pack
This activity pack contains 14 activities to explore the topic of Tropical Cyclones (which are also called cyclones, hurricanes and typhoons depending upon where you live in the world). They can be used as whole class activities, centre activities or individual activities. The activities strongly combine the science topic with reading skills and strategies. Many activities relate to the comprehension strategy of summarising. Some are also writing prompts. Some of them link to internet sites for technology use. A lot of the activities are in foldable format. Answers are included where appropriate. The only resources that are needed are some
texts or books on tropical cyclones which can include websites. Any activities that require a text or book can then be scaffolded to the appropriate level.
- Where do Tropical Cyclones occur? (labelling map activity)
- Diagram of a Tropical Cyclone (foldable labelling diagram with titles and descriptions)
- Safety Tips (foldable listing safety tips with diagrams from a website)
- Origin of Hurricane (writing prompt looking at the origin of the word)
- Naming a Tropical Cyclone (cloze looking at the process of naming cyclones)
- Hurricane Scale (foldable looking at the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale)
- How a Tropical Cyclone forms (foldable ordering descriptions on how it forms)
- Graffiti (activity to summarise what students have learnt about tropical cyclones)
- Cyclone Tracy (Y chart - looks, sounds and feels like after watching video)
- Create a Tropical Cyclone (worksheet for interactive web activity)
- Are you prepared? (worksheet for web activity on preparing for tropical cyclone)
- $2 Summary (summarising worksheet article about tropical cyclones)
- Cyclone in a bottle (instructions and worksheet for bottle experiment)
- Tropical Cyclone Vocabulary Foldable (foldable with vocabulary words and definitions)
This foldable leads students through the steps of Newman’s Error Analysis for solving word problems.
It’s great as a math interactive notebook entry. It has easy access steps for the front of the foldable so for future reference students just need to open to the page in their interactive math notebook.
Inside the interactive foldable while students are learning the word problem steps there is more detailed information of each step.
Also included is a simple word problem for you to work through the problem solving steps with your students enabling them to always have an example on hand.
A 2-4 played game in which students work with improper and mixed number fractions to work out if the fraction is greater than or less than a specified number. Contains five different game boards to target different ability levels from greater than or less than 1 all the way up to 5.
Students roll a die to move forward and will need to work out which space is greater than the target number so they can remain on that square. If it is less than, students will than need to roll the die again to see if they need to move backwards a number of spaces.
This is then based on chance.
NOTE: This game can be found in our Fraction Game Math Pack - buy it and you get a game for free!!!
- 1 page of game instructions
- 1 colour game board (greater than or less than 1)
- 1 colour game board (greater than or less than 2)
- 1 colour game board (greater than or less than 3)
- 1 colour game board (greater than or less than 4)
- 1 colour game board (greater than or less than 5)
This is a set of 9 spooky story starters useful when looking at Halloween or scary writing. They are good to practice narrative writing and to give students a choice over what story they would
like to write. They are open enough for interpretation while also guiding students with images and a beginning sentence.
Each page has the story starter, with lines for writing underneath and on the second page.
9 spooky story starters that are 2 pages each (18 pages)
- cave with bats
- black cat walking across path
- suspicious bag of candy corn
- cemetery with creepy gravestones
- unusual haunted tree
- Egyptian exhibit with an active mummy
- pumpkin patch missing some pumpkins
- spider webs
- witch living down the road
Domino game to practice matching real life examples of shapes to their name. This game contains the instructions and 70 different dominoes with a picture of a real life shape and different shape names on them. There are multiple combinations of cards to play the game making it different each time.
This game involves matching equivalent fractions in number form or pictorial form. The fractions involve denominators of 3, 6 and 12.
Students shuffle the cards and place them out in memory format. They then turn over cards to
match equivalent fractions. They take the pair when they have matched them.
- 1 description page of game for teacher (1 page)
- 1 Colour set of gamecards and instructions (4 pages)
- 1 Black and white set of gamecards and instructions (4 pages)
NOTE: This game can be found in our Fraction Math Game Pack - Buy it and recieve a game free!
This activity pack contains 4 products in one with a total of 48 activities and foldables.
The topics covered are:
Earthquakes and Tsunamis
Tropical Cyclones (Hurricanes, Cyclones or Typhoons)
This activity pack contains 48 activities to explore the topics listed above. They can be used as whole class activities, centre activities or individual activities. The activities strongly combine the science topic with reading skills and strategies. Many activities relate to the comprehension strategy of summarising. Some are also writing prompts.
Some of them link to internet sites for technology use. A lot of the activities are in foldable format. Answers are included where appropriate. The only resources that are needed are some texts or books on natural disasters which can include websites. Any activities that require a text or book can then be scaffolded to the appropriate level.
These packs are also available individually here:
Flood Activities and Foldables
Tropical Cyclones Activities and Foldables
Volcano Activities and Foldables
Earthquake and Tsunami Activities and Foldables
25 Christmas themed word problems. A lot of these are multi-step problems, involving all 4 of the operations. They have money, decimals and fractions included too.
There are 5 different themed pages so they can be used separately as 5 different activities.
Also found in the huge Christmas activity pack here:
- 5 pages of math word problem worksheets
- 5 pages with the solutions
Explore the Ancient Greek Olympics in this work unit. It includes an interactive PowerPoint for
students to explore along with the accompanying worksheets. Exercises include, information
gathering and interpreting, a cloze, crossword and word find, mapping exercise, word maths
problems, poem creating, exploration of the Greek Gods, word origins, chariot writing prompt
and summary exercises.
- 2 booklet options with front page optimised for colour or black and white printing
- Interactive Ancient Olympic PowerPoint presentation including general information
and specific sports
- 12 worksheets including:
- Questions for working with the interactive PowerPoint
- Mapping exercises
- Country profile based on facebook
- Writing prompt for a recount
- Word origins
- Math worksheet
- Information exploration on a topic through questioning
- Match exercise involving information on the Greek Gods
- Crossword and Word find
- Acrostic poem
- Summary worksheet
- Worksheet answers
This clip art set has 6 different images with a total of 12 PNGs. Each image comes in colour and black and white. Each image is saved as 300dpi for clear printing.
Great to use for anything to do with inventors or inventions. Let us know if you want any other inventors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ben Franklin image (the inventor)
- Ben Franklin with kite
- Ben Franklin’s stove
- Lightning hitting lightning rod on house
- Lightning rod on top of house
These can be used commercially in products with a link back to our store.
They can be used in free products as long as they are secured.
They cannot be sold separately as clip art.
This interactive math notebook page includes a vocabulary foldable to work through the definition of division.
It also includes a foldable on long division steps and a mnemonic device to remember those steps. This can be used or you could insert your class created or student created poem/sentence.
There is also space to include an example of a long division problem showing the steps.
Photos and information page included as well.
- Hickory Tickory Tock -
A self checking game that involves students changing between clock formats and demonstrating their understanding of time on a clock face while playing a version of tic tac toe or connect 4.
There are multiple cards and combinations that have been provided. This enables scaffolding of students and specific practice of certain conversions and times by just changing the color of cards used.
Time cards include analog, digital, written, 24 hour and 12 hour time.
- 1 Game board - Consisting of:
1 A4 page game board,
1 A4 page clock face,
1 A4 page instructions
- 24 Analog/Digital Cards (O’Clock and Half Past)
- 48 Analog/Digital Cards (O’Clock, Half Past, Quater Past and Quarter To)
- 48 Analog/Digital Cards (5 Minute Increments)
- 48 Analog/Words Cards (5 Minute Increments)
- 48 Analog/Digital 24 Hour Cards (5 Minute Increments)
- 48 24 Hours/12 Hour Cards (5 Minute Increments)
- 4 sets of seven mouse themed counters
- Clock Hands for game board clock