Year 2 Topic: ‘Our Home’ Unit of Work + PowerPoint
- Year 2 Topic: ‘Our Home’ Unit of Work + PowerPoint (21 slides)
- Ideal for younger learners.
- Children will learn and explore WHERE THEY LIVE.
Learning Intentions covered:
- To explain where we live in the world
- To explain where we live in the UK
- To know the national flowers of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland
- To identify counties
- To describe what Staffordshire is famous for
- To use the 4 main compass points
- To explain the function of the National Trust
- To identify and draw animals found in Staffordshire
- To visit an area of outstanding natural beauty cared for by the National Trust
Though this unit of work is focused around Staffordshire in England, it can easily be adapted.